Good news, and congratulations to all those who made well argued objections to this proposal for a major helicopter operation close to the Anna Bay Lawn Cemetery. TRRA joined many others in opposing this as a wholly unsuitable location for such a noisy activity, incompatible with a long-established cemetery.
The Development Application has been refused by Council staff on multiple grounds:
The determination decision was reached for the following reasons:
- The proposed development is inconsistent with the Environmental Planning &
Assessment Act 1979 and Port Stephens Local Environmental Plan 2013.
- The development is likely to detract from the rural character of the locality and impact
the surrounding land uses negatively.
- The development is considered to have a negative social impact on the locality.
- The development is not suitable for the site.
- The development is not in the public interest.
- Council has given consideration to community views when making the decision to
determine the application.
The Determination can be found at – Click Here